And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20, The Great Commission)
What We Believe
1. The Bible is true and accurate.
2. The Bible is God’s word and must be obeyed.
3. Jesus changes people’s lives.
4. Jesus is fully God and fully human.
5. Jesus is the only hope we have for salvation.
6. The Holy Spirit is active today.
7. The Holy Spirit makes it possible for Christians to be like Jesus.
8. God intimately knows each of us and loves us.
9. God is personal, sovereign, holy, perfect, infinite, and worthy of our worship and love.
10. God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Trinity).
11. We live in a sinful world.
12. We are all broken and sinful people in need of forgiveness and healing.
13. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus.
14. God calls Christians to be in intimate, healthy relationships (community).
15. Sincere faith will influence every area of life.
16. Love is the greatest indication of sincere faith.
17. Passionate worship is an appropriate response to God.
18. The goal of the Christian faith is to become more like Jesus.
19. Jesus will return in glory to judge the world.
1. Passionate Love for God. We believe in loving the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. (Mark 12:30)
2. Personal Spiritual Growth – Discipleship. We believe that the goal of personal spiritual growth is to know Jesus and to be like Him. Therefore, we will seek to continually grow in our personal relationship with God through spiritual disciplines and the pursuit of holiness.
3. Obedience to the Bible. We believe the Bible is God’s Holy Word. Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15). Therefore, we will teach and obey the whole Bible.
4. The Transformational Power of the Holy Spirit. We believe the Holy Spirit is active today, empowering us to become more like Jesus.
5. Healthy Relationships (community) We believe in pursuing healthy relationships with one another because Jesus calls us to love others as He loves us.
6. Anointed Ministry. We believe that the Holy Spirit gifts and empowers us for ministry. Therefore, we will live in the power of the Holy Spirit and follow Jesus wherever he leads.
7. Incarnational Ministry. We want to be like Jesus. We want to be his hands and feet by caring for those who others disregard and bringing health and healing to a broken, hurting, and hopeless world.
8. World Evangelization. We believe in making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything Jesus has commanded. (Matthew 28:18-20).
The Good News
What is the best news you have ever received?
For some, it might be the moment you and your spouse were standing at the altar and heard those life altering words, “I now pronounce you husband and wife.” For others, it may be when you graduated or received an acceptance letter to a university. Or, it may be the day that you were offered a promotion that you have been striving toward for a long time. And for some of you it may be the day that you discovered that you were going to have a baby. In a world where famines, natural disasters, disease, crime, and all kinds of evil are often the norm, to receive news of good things such as these is refreshing. However, there is good news that is even greater! It is good news that can change your life forever. This news is that…
The Creator of the universe loves you and wants to be in a relationship with you!
What great news! The creator of the universe is not a distant watch maker God. He wants to be close to you. However, there is something standing in the way. We all know that we have made a few, if not many mistakes in our lives. We know that we have sinned (lived life imperfectly and opposed to God’s ways). The Bible says that the consequence of this sin is separation from God–an existence that after death will be painful and devoid of goodness.
Think about this for a moment. Since we are sinful and God is flawless, it is a wonder that He would even give us the time of day! However, the Bible says that God so relentlessly desires a relationship with us that He sent His son, Jesus, to suffer the penalty that our sins against God deserve. But, this is not the end of the good news. After willfully dying for us, Jesus arose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and works on our behalf so we can truly know God, love God, and live a life of meaning, purpose, and significance for God for all eternity. This is the good news of the Bible!
So, what about you? If you want to start a relationship with God today, all you need to do is to tell God that you believe Jesus died for you, confess to Him that are a sinner in need of His forgiveness, and ask Him to enter into a personal relationship with you. You can do this prayer anywhere! You can do it on your knees, sitting down, or standing! You can also do it silently or out loud, either way He will hear you!
Once you have made this decision, you can begin fostering your relationship with God by reading the Bible, seeking to apply it to your life, and getting plugged into a Bible believing church. If you are looking for such a church, then we invite you to join us at New Hope. We are a community that truly desires to help people know God and make a difference in the world. Feel free to visit us this Sunday or contact us at 814.880.3049 because we would love to meet you. May the Lord richly bless you!